Sunday, August 18, 2013

When you know it's for real



I'm absolutely in love right now with the Addison Road song, "What Do I Know of Holy". I hear it and it brings me to my knees because when you've encountered the Lord in such a real way, you can't help but to stand of awe of who He is and just what He's capable of. And once you've even had a small taste of it, you can't help but to become absolutely obsessed with wanting more. 

You begin to crave your encounters with God and don't just "hope" that you'll see His hand in your life, you expect it. You anticipate it. You stop thinking "if?" but "when?". 

And when you live in this heightened awareness of just how big God really is, you can't help but to be humbled. You can't imagine living any other way than in complete and total surrender. 

What Do I Know of Holy ~Addison Road

I made You promises a thousand times

I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?



(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?



I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees



(CHORUS 2)
What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life "its" name?
What do I know of Holy?
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?



What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of Holy?

No comments:

Post a Comment